Friday, April 29, 2022

April Blog

April Hours: 6

Total Semester Hours: 13


The day has finally come. Our program has come to an end and all I can think of is how grateful I am for this program. The friends I made, the knowledge I learned, and relationships I made with Tulane School of Medicine is something I will never forget in my life. I am forever thankful and humbled to be a part of this program and will never take it for granted. We finished our last test yesterday and I am satisfied with the grades I received this semester. All the hard work and time studying paid off and it showed in my grades. I will miss this program dearly and am sad this has concluded.

In regards to community service, our class was able to participate in making cards again for children who live in an orphanage. We created optimistic and uplifting cards for children to get their spring and summer season started on a positive note. Hopefully, these cards will uplift their spirits and I wish them an eventful summer! Additionally, I was able to participate and kickoff the Sound the Alarm project for the American Red Cross. A group of volunteers and I traveled around the Baton Rouge area to neighborhoods installing smoke alarms for free. The goal is to end home fires by providing education and assistance with escape plans to make our neighbor's home safer. It was a rewarding experience seeing our clients express their gratitude to us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

April Blog

April Hours: 6 Total Semester Hours: 13 The day has finally come. Our program has come to an end and all I can think of is how grateful I am...