Thursday, March 31, 2022

March Blog

 



March Hours: 5

Total Semester Hours: 7 

Another fantastic month down, and sadly, only one more month to go. We completed the psychology module this month which I found to be one of the most interesting modules yet. Working for a pain management physician, there are several diagnoses and conditions that patients come to our clinic with. For example, I learned much more knowledge about allodynia, fibromyalgia, and peripheral neuropathy. In addition, many of the pharmacological drugs my doctor prescribes was described in depth this module. It was gratifying to have a more in-depth knowledge of these drugs, and I was even able to stump my doctor with a few quiz questions regarding these medications.  

Pertaining to community service this month, I volunteered again at the American Red Cross. This time, I used a pallet jack to move boxes and crates from the warehouse to the disaster preparedness room. This helped organize supplies and equipment necessary if an emergency response were to occur. The Disaster Action Team returned from New Orleans recently when they were deployed to help with the tornado that touched down on the south shore. I helped unload supplies from semi-trucks and put them back where they belonged in the warehouse. I luckily was even able to take a quick picture with the "Brittany-mobile", which is a large Mercedes van that Brittany Spears donated to the American Red Cross capital unit in Baton Rouge. I am looking forward to completing my community service hours in the month of April and finishing this semester strong academically!



No comments:

Post a Comment

April Blog

April Hours: 6 Total Semester Hours: 13 The day has finally come. Our program has come to an end and all I can think of is how grateful I am...