Tuesday, November 30, 2021

November Blog

 

November Service Hours: 2

Total Semester Service Hours: 7

The month of November was another rememberable month in the Tulane Masters of Pharmacology program. I was lucky to be able to participate in a class community service event this month. A group in our class created and customized Thanksgiving holiday cards for children at a local orphanage in New Orleans. Each of our cards was unique, aesthetic, and full of holiday spirit. I was even able to learn a new art technique, paper quilling, thanks to Uma! I am humbled to see our class come together cohesively for the greater good of others, especially in our local community. Hopefully, our Thanksgiving card creations made a child smile and joyful during this holiday season. The holiday season can be extremely difficult for some people, but by doing a minute task of kindness, this community service project filled my heart with gratitude. 

Regarding the master's program itself, this semester has been speeding by swiftly. With only two weeks left, I am excited for the Christmas break, but want to savor the moments I have with my classmates and the program. I am looking forward to learning more about the pharmacology for the gastrointestinal system as well as potential treatment options for patients with neoplasia. I want to receive the best grades possible and am determined to finish the first semester off strong! Overall, I have been extremely thankful for this program, especially for the professors and classmates I have been able to meet through this experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

April Blog

April Hours: 6 Total Semester Hours: 13 The day has finally come. Our program has come to an end and all I can think of is how grateful I am...