Saturday, February 26, 2022

February Blog

February Hours: 0 

Total Semester Hours: 2


Unfortunately for this month of February, I was unable to participate in any community service opportunities. The reason being was because this was one of the most event packed and travel-filled months I have ever had. First, I went to Colorado to see close high-school friend's that are working at a ski resort. We were able to go snowboarding and skiing for a few days which was an absolute blast. Secondly, I went to San Francisco and Los Angeles this past week to visit my brother who is currently working for Tesla in Palo Alto. Additionally, I had an interview with LSU Shreveport Medical School this month which I was extremely grateful, humbled, and honored to have the opportunity. 

This month, we completed the reproductive and neurology module. I found the neurology module to be more interesting because we were able to discuss many of the medications I work with as a medical scribe. Opioids, NSAIDs, anticonvulsants, anti-epileptic drugs, and anti-spasmolytics compose the majority of drugs that my pain management doctor would prescribe for patients that come to our clinic. In addition, many of the patients that are referred to us are already on some medication involved with one of these classes. I was intrigued to learn more about the mechanism of actions, contraindications, and in-depth details so that I can ask trivia questions for the doctor I work for to see if his knowledge is still fresh in his head. The picture above is Megan and I during our case-based learning on contraception earlier this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April Blog

April Hours: 6 Total Semester Hours: 13 The day has finally come. Our program has come to an end and all I can think of is how grateful I am...